Sunday 21 December 2008

So why divemaster?

Looking back I've spent a lot of time learning stuff and diving is the focus for most of my recent learning so part of it is simply "because it's there". I don't see myself dressed in all black kit hauling a twinset and side mounts down to dodgy depths whilst breathing squeaky voice gas, so the tek route doesn't appeal (yet). I doubt I'll ever want to be an instructor but I am hoping the divemaster experience will help me to be a better dive leader and really get the skills I admit I haven't practiced that much into shape.

Divemaster isn't a cheap programme so I'm hoping Santa will be bringing a pack of materials down the chimney in a few days. Actually, he'd better do so because I've already attended the first session and been handed the honorary team T-shirt by Ian at Scuba Scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment