Sunday 22 February 2009

My hands don't like cold water

Continuing with Thursday evening theory sessions.  No problems with the tests as the questions are pretty well covered in the lectures.  Also bagged the equipment specialty along the way; while most of the content was familiar there were some pearls of wisdom and the chance to explore some kit configuration issues.  

Things have been fairly quiet at the centre so not many opportunities to do much DM'ing although I enjoyed tring to support Pippa doing a Discover Scuba Diving session - I probably helped a bit but I found myself all over the place and working hard to figure out the best place to be to help the students... it looks easy when an experienced DM or instructor does it!

I took the Night spec the other day (or night to be more exact).  Three dives in one evening at Voster in 5 degree water.  Everything apart from my hands were toasty but they became numb soon after starting each dive - 3mm, 5mm, fleece lined - I used all three of my pairs of gloves and none really helped.  Apart from that it was a great session with Kelly as instructor, Les as DM and me as the sole student.  Much fun was had by all.  I thought I knew Vobster reasonably well now - touring it at night certainly showed I have much to learn about even my local flooded quarry.

No comments:

Post a Comment